Givens LLP Chartered Professional
Accountants is in search of a highly skilled
to join our growing team!
We're building the best accounting business in the Edmonton region by empowering entrepreneurs to build scalable, profitable businesses with proven accounting technology, data-driven strategies, and actionable advice.
Over the last 75 years, we’ve grown our accounting firm to three full-service branches throughout Alberta. We’re a dynamic team of high-performing people who focus on meaningful client relationships, provide exceptional services, instill teamwork, and provide on-the-job training with an open-door policy. We listen, learn, and understand the unique challenges our clients face and always provide them with innovative accounting solutions. Our success is due to a work culture that is both family-focused and professional. We like to have fun while operating with a fierce will and determination that puts our clients and professionalism at the forefront of everything we do.
As a member of Givens LLP Chartered Professional Accountant Team, the Intermediate Accountant will maximize the business's opportunity for fulfillment and growth.
With Givens, our Intermediate Accountant will build relationships with new clients and manage relationships with existing ones whilst meeting time and revenue budgets and workflow deadlines. A successful Intermediate Accountant will have a high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps, growth, and other potential client needs.
- Financial statement preparation.
- Filing of corporate and personal tax returns.
- Assess client needs.
- Manage accounting transactions.
- Handle monthly, quarterly, and annual closings.
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements.
- Preparing budget forecasts.
- Audit financial documents and transactions.
- Comply with financial regulations and policies.
Success in this role calls for someone with experience working in a public practice with knowledge of financial statement preparation and corporate/personal tax return filing.
Our Intermediate Accountant should also have experience with online accounting programs and the ability to meet multiple deadlines. The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Accounting, or Finance. Appropriate industry body certification, such as CA or CPA, is an asset.
Other additional and relevant qualifications could include experience in management, business, and Information Technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
- 3+ years of accounting experience working in a public practice.
- Proven knowledge of financial statements and their preparation, as well as in filing corporate and personal tax returns.
- Proficient in Microsoft’s suite of platforms, as well as CaseWare, Profile, Simply, and QuickBooks.
- Management accounting knowledge and acumen.
- Computer literacy skills.
- An innovative thinker who likes to take the initiative to get things done.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Accounting, or Finance.
- Experience in Xero and Quickbooks Online.
- CA or CPA.
- Experience in management, business, or Information Technology.
We’re offering an exceptional opportunity for you to use your skills, to work on diverse assignments, in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- An excellent compensation package awaits the successful candidate.
- A standard 37.5-hour work week
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you and you are interested in working in a professional environment with other remarkable people, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Thank you in advance for your application, only those shortlisted will be contacted for an interview.