Givens LLP Chartered Professional
Accountants is in search of a highly skilled
to join our growing team!
We're building the best accounting business in the Edmonton region by empowering entrepreneurs to build scalable, profitable businesses with proven accounting technology, data-driven strategies, and actionable advice.
Over the last 75 years, we’ve grown our accounting firm to three full-service branches throughout Alberta. We’re a dynamic team of high-performing people who focus on meaningful client relationships, provide exceptional services, instill teamwork, and provide on-the-job training with an open-door policy. We listen, learn, and understand the unique challenges our clients face and always provide them with innovative accounting solutions. Our success is due to a work culture that is both family-focused and professional. We like to have fun while operating with a fierce will and determination that puts our clients and professionalism at the forefront of everything we do.
As a member of Givens LLP Chartered Professional Accountant Team, the CPA Student will maximize the business's opportunity for fulfillment and growth.
With Givens, our CPA Student will build relationships with new clients and manage relationships with existing ones whilst meeting time and revenue budgets and workflow deadlines. A successful CPA Student will have a high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps, growth, and other potential client needs.
- Audit, assurance and compilation engagements, including preparing financial statements, analysis and correspondence.
- Corporate and personal income tax preparation.
Success in the role of CPA Student calls for a motivated individual with beginner’s knowledge in accounting and/or bookkeeping, as well as in corporate and personal tax returns. They will also have a high level of time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
Your background includes the ability to self-manage day-to-day activities, including support in the production of taxation, fulfillment of accounting processes, and identification of potential client opportunities.
You’re a motivated professional who thrives on creating a climate of inclusion, trust, and productivity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Eligibility to enroll in Western Canada’s CPA Certification Program.
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to accept a broad range of responsibilities.
- Ability to manage time and adhere to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service and emerging leadership skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- Exposure to CaseWare, Profile, Simply Accounting and/or QuickBooks software is an asset.
We’re offering an exceptional opportunity for you to use your skills, to work on diverse assignments, in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- A standard 37.5-hour work week.
- Ability to bank overtime for study leave.
- Payment of CPA course fees as well as study days.
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you and you are interested in working in a professional environment with other remarkable people, please send a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the Subject Line of the email, please use CPA Student.
Thank you in advance for your application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.