Givens LLP Chartered Professional
Accountants is in search of a highly skilled
ACCOUNTING CO-OP STUDENT
to join our growing team!
We're building the best accounting business in the Edmonton region by empowering entrepreneurs to build scalable, profitable businesses with proven accounting technology, data-driven strategies, and actionable advice.
Over the last 75 years, we’ve grown our accounting firm to three full-service branches throughout Alberta. We’re a dynamic team of high-performing people who focus on meaningful client relationships, provide exceptional services, instill teamwork, and provide on-the-job training with an open-door policy. We listen, learn, and understand the unique challenges our clients face and always provide them with innovative accounting solutions. Our success is due to a work culture that is both family-focused and professional. We like to have fun while operating with a fierce will and determination that puts our clients and professionalism at the forefront of everything we do.
As a member of Givens LLP Chartered Professional Accountant Team, the Accounting Co-Op Student will maximize the business's opportunity for fulfillment and growth.
With Givens, our Accounting Co-Op Student will build relationships with new clients and manage relationships with existing ones whilst meeting time and revenue budgets and workflow deadlines. A successful Accounting Co-Op Student will have a high level of intellectual curiosity to identify gaps, growth, and other potential client needs.
- Work individually on the preparation of personal tax returns, T4s, T3s, and T5s.
- Prepare bookkeeping, accounting records, adjusting journal entries, T2s and the compilation of Notice to Reader engagements for corporate tax clients.
- Communicate directly with clients and third parties to obtain necessary information for task completion.
Success in the role of Accounting Co-Op Student calls for a motivated individual with beginner’s knowledge in accounting and/or bookkeeping, with a high level of time management, organizational, and analytical skills.
Your background includes the ability to self-manage day-to-day activities, including support in the production of taxation, fulfillment of accounting processes, and identification of opportunities for clients.
You’re a motivated professional who thrives on creating a climate of inclusion, trust, and productivity.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Essential)
- Currently working towards an Accounting Degree or College Diploma.
- Excellent Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with superior organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong focus on client service and emerging leadership skills.
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience (Desirable)
- Exposure to CaseWare, Profile, Sage and/or QuickBooks software is an asset.
We’re offering an exceptional opportunity for you to use your skills, to work on diverse assignments in a flexible work environment with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A standard 40-hour work week.
- Paid overtime or time off in lieu of overtime.
HOW TO APPLY
If this describes you and you are interested in working in a professional environment with other remarkable people, please send a cover letter, resume, and a copy of your unofficial transcript to email@example.com. In the Subject Line of the email, please use Accounting Co-op Student.
Thank you in advance for your application, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.